If you have a child and you are not married to the other parent, you still have many rights that need to be protected.

Even if you have an agreement about custody, it is still very important to have that agreement converted into a court order. Without a court order documenting your custody schedule, the other parent could take your child, and you might be forced to wait weeks or even months before you can re-establish contact with your child. We can help you document your custody arrangement without ever having to court.

If you do not have an agreement with the other parent, we can help you establish parentage, which is often done through DNA testing if the other parent did not sign a Voluntary Declaration of Paternity at the hospital when your child was born.

After parentage has been established, we can help you obtain Custody and Child Support orders so that you can support your child.

If you would like to speak with an experienced attorney to advise you regarding your case, please do not hesitate to call us at (510) 537-7200 or contact us online . We look forward to helping you.